I use chia seeds and hemp daily- and you should too! Let me share with you why..
Chia seeds.. I add them to my raw crackers, I sprinkle them on top of my smoothie bowls, add them to smoothies, put them in my kids oatmeal, and even sprinkle them on my bananas.. When you finish you reading this you will be adding them to everything you can think of as well.
The word Chia comes from the Mayan word strength. It is said that Ancient Aztec warriors consumed chia seeds daily. That 1/4 cup of chia seeds kept them full for 24 hours.
Chia seeds absorb water and create a mucilaginous gel. They can hold 9-12 times their weight in water and absorb it very quickly in about 10 minutes. You can make a liquid shot of chia seeds for a rapid boost of energy and it makes a wonderful pudding.
Chia seeds have:
- 15x more magnesium than brocolli
- 8x more Omega 3 than salmon
- 3x more antioxidants than blueberries
- 3x more iron than spinach
- 5x more calcium than milk
- 64% more potassium than bananas
- 41% of your daily fiber requirements
Some of the benefits from consuming chia seeds daily include:
- Reduced inflammation
- Weight loss
- Increased hydration
- Slows conversion of carbs
- Helps manage diabetes
- Regulates blood sugar
- Can lower bad cholesterol while increasing the good HDL cholesterol
- Enhances energy levels
Now let’s talk about hemp seeds. Hemp seeds are the most nutritious seed in the world. They are a complete protein. Hemp seeds will make a smoothie creamy and make a delicious milk alternative. Hemp seeds greatly exceed most energy bars for protein..I add hemp seeds to oatmeal for my boys, to my raw vegan chocolate bars, energy bits and smoothies.
Ready for the knitty gritty on hemp seeds?
- Contains over 18 essential amino acids
- Complete protein
- Rich in Vitamin E
- Increases energy
- Lowers blood pressure
- Improves immunity and organ function
- Reduces inflammation
- More digestible protein than than meat, whole eggs, cheese, human milk, cows milk, or any other high protein food
- More digestible source of omega’s even beating out Flax seeds
- More digestible source of fiber than kale
- Aids in the repair and growth of lean body mass
- Non GMO