Recently several of us Kaia girls went to dinner at a new restaurant in town called Gather. Nikki and I ordered their Harvest salad with pear vinaigrette. It was divine and filling, and if you are in Carson City you must go try it out. They have many healthy options on the menu from grain bowls to salads. They even have an avocado toast plate.
I did my best to recreate this salad from the taste I remember. I couldn’t find pear balsamic vinegar locally so I ordered it off of Amazon. The salad is super easy to make. The dressing could just be the oil and vinegar drizzled over the top or you could put them into a jar and shake up. I had this salad for lunch today and added in some avocado and it was so good! This would make a wonderful salad for Thanksgiving.
- Greens- 2 or more cups of your choice of greens. I used baby lettuces and baby power greens from Trader Joes
- 1/4 of a pear sliced and cut into sticks
- 1/4 apple cubed
- 2 Cuties peeled and separated into segments
- Red onion sliced thin (as much or as little as you want)
- 2 tbsp of raw pumpkin seeds
2 tbsp unsweetened cranberries
Pear Vinaigrette- it is just equal parts pear balsamic vinegar and cold pressed olive oil. For just one salads worth the ratio is 1 tbsp of vinegar to 1 tbsp of oil.
Assemble your salad and drizzle the dressing over the top. That’s it! How easy was that??!!