If you live a busy, stressful life then you should try my Cacao, Maca Elixir. Maca is considered an “adaptogen”, a name given to certain herbs, plants, and natural substances that help the body naturally adapt to stressors like a busy schedule, demanding job, or illness, for example.
Nutrition Facts of Maca:
- Over 20 amino acids, including 8 essential amino acids
- 20 free-form fatty acids (such as lauric, linolenic, palmitic acid, oleic , and steric acid)
- Vitamins B-1, B-2, C and E
Maca is also a rich source of phytonutrients.
Benefits of Maca:
- Mood and hormone balance
- Skin health
- General health and disease prevention
- Physical and mental energy
- Menstrual issues and menopause
- Sexual function, libido, and fertility
- Antioxidant booster
Benefits of Raw Cacao:
- 40 times the antioxidants of blueberries
- Highest plant-based source of iron
- Full of magnesium
- More calcium than cow’s milk
- A natural mood elevator and anti-depressant
The base of this elixer is fresh homemade almond milk. There is nothing better than a cold glass of homemade almond milk. Here is a great video on how to make almond milk, I use 3 cups of water in the blending process- and it doesn’t effect the flavor- all nut milks are made the same way- 1 cup nuts, 3 cups water. This is my favorite nut milk bag.
To make elixer:
Put all ingredients into blender- start with 3 dates and see if it is sweet enough. Add more if needed. Drink right away.