If you are looking to improve digestion, balance hormones and improve metabolism, then hemp seeds may just be the superfood you are looking for.
Hemp seeds have many benefits, including:
- Rich in GLA: Gamma-Linolenic Acid is an amazing fatty acid that can help regulate hormones by supporting prostaglandin production
- Help with arthritis and joint pain
- Weight loss: Hemp is a natural appetite suppressant and can help you feel full longer and reduce sugar cravings.
- Digestive health: High in insoluble and soluble fiber
- Good for Hair, Skin and Nails
- Anti Cancer: Because of its perfect fatty acid profile of omega-3 fats and GLA, hemp seeds helps naturally balance inflammation levels and strengthen the immune system
- Complete plant protein
With all of these benefits you can understand why it is important to get in your 3 tbsps per day. This smoothie will take care of that for you. It makes just about 3 qts (and makes a full 3 qts if you are using a Vitamix and you add more water to the blender through the hole of the lid and then pour off your smoothie before removing the lid- pour out through the hole on the top until you have removed enough of the smoothie to safely take off the lid.)
6-8 cups of Powergreens (from Costco)
1/2 heaping cup of organic hemp seeds
3-4 frozen bananas
4 cups of frozen mangos
water to blend
Put the powergreens in the blender with the hemp seeds and about 1 cup of water. Blend down the greens and hemp seeds until completely smooth. Do not add the fruit until the greens are smooth. Add in 3 of the bananas and 4 cups of mangos and more water to blend. Once smooth, taste to see if it needs a bit more sweetness. If it does you can add 1 more banana. If not you are good to go. If it is too thick you can add more water.
The smoothies will keep for 2 days in the refrigerator. Or you can freeze. Put into a mason jar leaving a 1.5 inch head space on top. Put on lid and stick in the freezer. Take it out the night before you want to drink you smoothie. Put in the refrigerator and it will be defrosted by morning.