Lentils are super quick to cook (even quicker if you have some already cooked in the freezer or a can of them in the pantry) and so good for you. Some of the benefits include:
- Helps to control diabetes and lower blood pressure
- Aids in weight management
- Helps in optimal brain functioning
- Good source of vitamins and minerals
- Reduces risk of cancer
- Aids in digestion and boosts metabolism
- Helps in preventing cell and gene damage
Sprouted lentils aid in muscle generation in the body
Cooking lentils is easy- rinse off 2 cups of lentils put into pot and cover with 6 or more cups of water. Bring to a boil and reduce to a good simmer. Let simmer for about 20-25 minutes and drain. After draining all you have to do to make lentil tacos is add your favorite taco seasoning. I use the packet from Trader Joe’s but there are many recipes online. Then use like you would taco meat. In a taco, on a taco salad, in a burrito or burrito bowl.
I mentioned having some cooked lentils in the freezer. If you have freezer space- always cook extra of your beans and legumes. Then you can freeze it and you will always have a quick meal ready to go.